I’ve been making them constantly over the past few months. Wanted to share the recipe I’ve developed.
- •I start with 2-3 bananas, chopped into 2-inch chunks.
- •3-4 kale stalks, de-ribbed and broken up into smallish pieces.
- •Frozen pineapple, 3-5 cubes. I love how the pineapple blends with the earthy taste of the kale, rounding out the flavors.
- •Scoop of protein powder.
- •Water and/or almond milk. The amount is up to you; I like ’em on the thin side so they’re easier to drink.
- •Optional: third fruit—frozen or otherwise. I usually do frozen strawberries, but also recommend chopped apples, blueberries, blackberries… etc.
I’ve also used spinach when I have it, but I much prefer the taste of the kale now. The base (bananas, water, pineapple, kale) is the key—the rest is fun to experiment with!
Let me know if you try it out or have any additions to share.