I’ve been writing about podcasts on this blog since 2010! But I don’t think I ever shared what podcasts I actually listen to. So here’s my unsolicited list of podcasts I currently listen to. None of the podcasts are obscure, but I think it’s an eclectic mix.
I’m breaking down the list into regular listens (I pretty much listen to every single episode) and occasional plays. All links go to their respective Overcast page.
- Reply All
- Great show “about the internet,” but always with a compelling human-interest angle. They’ve done a lot of shows related to phone scams lately.
- All Song Considered
- I find a new band to love in every episode.
- This is the new show from Jonathan Goldstein, who used to host Wiretap. This show is amazing. The last episode reunited a biker who got hit by a car, and the driver of the car.
- Intelligence Squared US
- Debate show in the Oxford style. Good for flexing those arguing muscles.
- Left, Right & Center
- Weekly political discussion/debate. Don’t think I’ve missed an episode of this podcast in 10+ years.
- On the Media
- The name says it all, doesn’t it?
- Show about people trying to start something new.
- 2 Dope Queens
- Live standup recordings from Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams.
- Ben Shapiro
- It’s good to listen to The Other Side occasionally.
- Rubin Report
- Conversations with Tyler
- Tyler Cowen thinks and communicates with a clarity I envy and am trying to learn from.
- Bret Easton Ellis podcast
- You know, the author.
- The Daily
- From the New York Times.
- Interviews with interesting semi-famous people.
- Love + Radio
- Storytelling in the This American Life vein
- The Moth
- The Gist
- The Sporkful
- These guys take food seriously, in a good way.
- Track Changes
- Recently started getting into this ‘cast for software nerds.
- Song Exploder
- The song equivalent of an iPhone teardown.
These podcasts post one song/weekday. Great way to find new artists to follow. They’re also great for road trips. Just make a new playlist with a few songs, podcast, few more songs, etc.
What did I miss?